Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Poop-splosion

****Warning:  Graphic poop story ahead*****

So, i should have known that there would be major payback for a 24 hour periord of poop free diapers.  But, i was blissfully unaware of the mess that would await me.

Last night, as I was washing bottles, Jacob was hanging out in his high chair.  I heard him toot, but didnt think much of it.  I finished up with dishes, and started playing games with Jacob to get him to laugh.  It's like crack for me, or what i imagine a crack addition is like....  I NEED to get him to laugh on a daily basis.  Then i try to tape it, but usually that makes him stop laughing.

Anyways, after i finish acting like an idiot, I go to take him out of the high chair.  And then I realized why Jacob may have been laughing, not because I'm funny, but because he just had a major poopsplosion.  I can't stress the MAJOR part enough.

It's up the back, out the sides, all over his clothes, and on the high chair.  Not just on the high chair, but in the cracks of the fabric for the straps.  And it went in the seam of the first layer of the high chair to hit the second layer of the high chair.  OH MY WORD.   THERE WAS POOP EVERYWHERE....

To the bath we go.  It takes a few minutes of debating how I am going to put him down to get the clothes off while trying to contain where the poop will go.  I lay down his changing mat on the bathroom floor and strip him while wiping each layer off as i go.  Baby Jacob is perfectly happy and kicking away while this is all going on. 

So, i get him naked, and am trying to clean up the mess in the bathroom before i plop the poop machine in the tub.  While i am doing all this, i wonder how i got water on the opposite side of the floor from the sink.  I keep walking back and forth, cuz i am on a mission to clean this up.  I look down at Jacob, who's playing on the floor grabbing his toes, when i realize his little baby bottom is wet....

Yep, that's not water on the floor I've been walking thru, it's pee.  Seriously. 

So, i wipe up the pee, wash my feet off, and put Jacob in the tub.  Thank god the swiffer is in the bathroom so i sanitize the floor while Jacob splashes happily away.  After i have a squeaky clean baby, and get him all changed and lotioned, i think my night will continue merrily along.

Then i walk into the kitchen and realize i still have a poopy high chair to clean.

It's lucky Jacob is so cute, because that mess last night was not cute...

1 comment:

  1. yow. zah. way to rock the crapbox, li'l buddy! i not-so-fondly remember playing w/ my kid on the couch, doing a stand-up-sit-down-lay-down-tickle-the-baby game. i didn't realize he pooped while he was laughing. this proceeded long enough for the poop to get steam-rolled up his diaper, up his back, and into his hair. yes, good thing these boys are cute! :P

    ReplyDelete