Monday, June 18, 2012

Another Ear Infection

Well, it's official, Jacob has ANOTHER ear infection.  It makes me want to scream.  Loudly.  And kick my feet and fling my arms, and throw myself on the floor all at once.  Basically, I want to give a 2 year old a run for their money in a tantrum throwing contest. 

I've averaged about 4-5 hours of sleep on a GOOD night since Memorial wkend.  When we got back from camping, he had a double ear infection, that was diagnosed on Tuesday.  On Wednesday he was exposed to Hand Foot Mouth, had HFM on Saturday.  I brought him in the beginning of June to make sure the ear infection had cleared, and it had.  Then I realized (or actually was told by daycare) that he had cut a tooth.

First TOOTH!!  His upper left front one.  Yep, my boy doesnt cut teeth in the normal rotation (which would be bottom first).  So it was an unholy trifecta of horribleness for poor Jacob's little head that week.  All that cleared up, and still his sleep has been bad.  Then last week, it got even worse.  He's up about every 60-90 minutes ALL NIGHT, sometimes fully awake, sitting up, sometimes sleep crawling, and others just crying in his sleep (which is heart wrenching).

I can see the other top tooth, so figured it was teething.  He attacks cold teethers with a fieceness that is hilarious.  We did orajel, ibruprofen and tylenol. Nothing made a difference.  He still cried in his sleep.  I brought him in this morning and yep, imagine that another ear infection. 

At least I know the cause, but that doesn't make me less tired or crabby.  I still want to throw a tantrum of epic proportions. 


3 comments:

  1. you can have a tantrum. i'll let you. but on 6/30 i want you in top form for fun! i love you and am praying for you and Adam's pal. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nikki! I can relate way too much! Last fall was a nightmare for me and I was not a happy person. It is better now with tubes but it sucks so much when they are sick. I am so sorry for your sleepless nights!

    ReplyDelete