Thursday, June 28, 2012

Nutella White Chip Cookies

Thanks to a friend for posting on FB how Nutella is her new go to comfort food, I immediately started craving it.  Forget putting it on toast, eating it by the spoonful is just so much better!  So, while Jacob and I were out and about for the afternoon, I swung into the little grocer/deli shop in town and picked up some Nutella.

After eating some from the spoon, I wanted to bake something with Nutella in it.  I haven't baked in forever, and luckily I had the neighbor girl over entertaining Jacob, which gave me time to experiment with out someone trying to pull himself up on my pant legs.   By the way, best $8 I have ever spent for 2 hours of time!!

First, I went to Pinterest, knowing I had pinned some Nutella recipes for that day I would bake again.  And I didnt find quite what I was looking for.  I had brownies and mug cake, but I wanted cookies.  So then I tried the internet, and I could find cookies, but a lot had the description of "crunchy" in their info.  I don't like crunchy cookies, I love soft, chewy cookies.  Finally, I found a recipe that sounded chewy, but still wasn't quite what I had in mind. 

So, I took part of that recipe, and modified it to fit what I wanted.

OMG, these cookies are decadently rich!!  And sinfully good.  They are amazing.   I even took a fancy picture like the other food bloggers do.  see....



Anyways, here is the recipe, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!!  (adapted from here)

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Nutella
1 cup white chocolate chips

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
2. In a bowl, cream the butter, the sugar and the brown sugar. Add the eggs and the vanilla until combined.
3. Gradually add the flour, salt, soda, and cocoa until the mixture is combined.
4. Mix in the nutella until it is combined with the dough.  Then add in the chocolate chips.
5. Make small balls, and flatten slightly on the pan.  (I made mine too big, these cookies are rich and small are the way to go!)

Bake for approximately 8 - 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment