Tuesday, August 28, 2012

10 Month Update

Dear Jacob,

You are 10 months old already.  I find it hard to believe that last year at this time i was so anxious to meet you and we still had 2 months to go!  For as quickly as these past 10 months have gone by, I know the next 2 months are not going to magically slow down.
Teddy Bear Park
Especially since I think you will be walking before you are a year old.  You stand up for a few seconds at a time, and get more confident each time.  If I clap or praise you, you pitch forward or promptly sit down. 

The new thing in the past month is your love of books.  There are 3 books that are your favorites.  A Truck book that you will pull off the shelf (along with every other book until you find that one), sit down, and look through it.  Occasionally you make truck noises when you look at.  The other one is the Taggie book, you like the animal noises we make reading to you, and that you can see yourself in the mirror.  THe newest favorite is Sesame Street At The Zoo.  You will crawl across the room with the book, climb up on us and wave the book in our face until we read it to you, multiple times.

First Haircut!
This month, I saw what a handsome little boy you will be.  Daddy said you were looking like a "Hippy baby" and that you needed your haircut.  Actually, he's been saying that for a few months, but I kept fighting him.  I can't believe how much hair she cut off, and how cute you are, but you look like a little boy, not a baby!  I'm not ready for that yet!
You've had a few illnesses in the past month, between ear infections, a new tooth, a "tumble" out the car, and a stomach bug.  But, overall, you've been a happy baby boy.  You make new faces where you hold your fists up, squeeze them, and grunt.  THe other is scrunching up your nose and eyes and having the biggest grin on your face.

The daily dance party is starting to pay off.  When you hear music, you will kick your lil legs, or bounce up and down.  I can't wait until you know how to do the sprinkler, lawn mower, or the grocery cart.  I will know then that my job as a parent is complete... :)

You can sign "All Done" with the best of them.  You are very adamant about it, and it's more like you are waving down a vehicle, but it gets the point across.  Usually, it's when I'm trying to make you eat more food, you sign all done, but if i put down fruit, you gobble it right up.  There's always room for fruit with you. 

Random Facts:
Weight:  22 lbs
Clothing:  6-12 months, some 12-18
Fav Veggie:  Peas
Fav Fruits:  Watermelon or peaches
Toys you can't live without:  ball, giraffe, activity table
Teeth:  4, but you just cut another this week



You would try to make a mad dash to the water when you got bored
Today is a bittersweet day.  This is the last week I will be home part time with you.  I already miss it, and the time i have to spend with you.  I know I will really miss those times when I bring you up for a nap and you just snuggle right in.  I will miss taking morning walks with you and Selby.  But, I am so lucky

Love you so much more than you know!!
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment