Friday, May 4, 2012

Pinterest Recipe

I DID IT!!!

I have finally made something that i have "pinned" from pinterest.  I have been addicted for a few months, and have several boards with recipes, crafts, and other time consuming things to do.  I typically look at the site when I am nursing Jacob at bedtime.  Sometimes though, i don't get a chance to, since his arms are flailing about, and whoops, there goes my phone skidding across the floor. 

As i have been pinning away, I've started wondering, when will I actually do any of this?  Pinterest may be more of a time suck then facebook, and there are days I barely have time to shower, so when would I find time to whip up some amazing dessert, stage Jacob for pics, or make that adorable crafty item that looks SOOO easy.  Because in order to do some of the things, it's not only the time suck of making the item, but also going to the store to get the stuff I need.

Some days, it's a magical feat if I can make it out of the house with Jacob to run errands.  But to do any shopping that requires full attention and time?? That is Mission Impossible.

I decided to start with something small.  I have been in a cooking rut, and figured i would make one of the recipes i pinned. 

Man Pleasing Chicken

To make this chicken, which you should absolutely do immediately, preheat your oven to 450ºF. Then, mix together 1/2 cup of dijon mustard, 1/4 cup of maple syrup, and 1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar.   (I used white wine vinegar)

Put a 1.5 lb package of chicken thighs into a foil-lined, oven-proof baking dish.  Then, salt and pepper the thighs. Pour your maple mustard mixture over them, turning the thighs in the mixture so they are fully coated.   (I used a package of chicken breasts)

Put the chicken thighs into the oven, and let them bake for 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165ºF. Baste the tops of the chicken with more sauce half way through.. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving. Plate the chicken, making sure to spoon some extra sauce over the top. Sprinkle over some fresh rosemary.

The chicken was good, Mike laughed when I asked him if it was man pleasing.  Since the recipe was so simple, i was able to prep and bake before Jacob went down for the night (or at least for 90 minutes).  Maybe when I get around to doing a craft will be before Jacob's 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment