Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Kitchen Touches

 
The kitchen is starting to look a bit more updated, but before i post those pics (i need to take them yet...) here are some of the "updates" or changes I did do.

Pantry
Lot of character here....
I found an idea on pinterest for putting wrapping paper on surfaces and modpodging it rather then contact paper, which is not all that cute.  Off to Michael's I went for the supplies.  Katie was brave enough to actually do the work, since she came over to help me, but painting and pregnancy are kind of frowned upon, so she took up this task.

We took all the boards out, cut the paper to size, put modpodge right over the top of the contact paper, put downt the new paper, put on another layer of MP and VOILA!  it's done.  But, putting on the paper was kind of a pain, to have to keep all the bubbles out, and do it quick before the MP dries.

Next I painted the whole pantry a fresh coat of white, and then put in the new shelves.

So pretty!!

Sneak peek of kitchen colors....



Next up was the area above the sink.  It needed a curtain/decoration, so I made a pellet box.
Dont mind the mess, or the painters tape...
I think it took me longer to pick out the fabric then to make the box.  Warning, bad pics, but I figured i can update with a better pic later.
 
I love the birdies!
I took some foam board, cut to size of the window, plus trim, cut the sides out about 2 inches, and duct taped it all together.  Then attached the fabric, and also taped that to the board.  I bought some 3M picture frame holders and used that to attach to the window and ceiling.
I really got to get a pic during the morning.  Afternoon doesnt work either as the sun comes right in that window, see below:
Good thing I don't make a living doing photography...

1 comment:

  1. I love that you captioned your pic with "don't mind the mess", makes me feel like I'm standing in the kitchen with you! :D

    ReplyDelete