Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Reupholstered Chairs

 
 
 


 
 
So, I finally got around to reupholstering my dining room chairs, which were in massive need of an overhaul about a year ago.

I had way more fun picking out fabric than anything, but the fabric ties into the kitchen colors and other kitchen projects quite well.

I didnt really know what i was doing, so the first few chairs took awhile. These chairs had been redone by the previous owners, and they REALLY liked to use the staple gun.
I ripped out at many as I could, and then cut the fabric as much as possible.  My hands were so red and sore.  I literally did one chair a night, since it was such a pain.

Underneath this fabric was a glorious beige cover from the 90's I'm guessing.  Should have taken a pic, but oh well.

I went to Crafty Planet for the new fabric, OMW, LOVE that store, it could be quite dangerous if it was closer to Afton.  I measured the chairs, added 5 inches to each measurement (to be able to wrap around) and started cutting.

I was so nervous to use a staple gun, I tend to avoid power tools at all costs.  But, wasn't that bad, I didnt maim myself, so I was immediately impressed with my skills.  :)

Finished project!!  So much better then the old stuff!

I had first did the high top chairs (2) and then moved onto the 4 dining room table chairs.  Luckily, Jen came over to help one night, and she showed me a much quicker method of removing staples.  Literally, just pull the fabric, and you could rip it right off.  Much better.




No comments:

Post a Comment