Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Day

I'm sitting on the living room writing while Jacob is playing with his toys next to me on the floor.  Actually he's sitting here too.  All on his own!  My little baby has mastered sitting up.  He's been doing this for about a month now, but in the past 2 wks has really gotten good at it.  Doesn't topple over and can bend over to grab the toys he wants.  Right now the favorite is the Oball.  I dont know why but he LAUGHS when you roll the ball to him. 

We went to church last night for the Easter service, since today will be busy.  I love Eagle Brook, and really look forward to their holiday services, because they put a lot of time and effort into the service, and you can tell.  The Easter service was about what in your life has to die so something else can live.  Anger, jealousy, language, drunkenness, impurity, rage, all of these things come at a greater cost to us then we realize.  Words hurt.  Actions hurt.  And if we are hurting people around us, it's hard to make a solid foundation and show people Christ's love.

If you would have told me in 2003 that I would make it priority to go to church on a weekly basis, that I would join a women's bible study group, and listen to christian music, I probably would have laughed at you.  EBC was suggested to us by one of the girls in the study i was in, who I used to work with.  Mike and I were just going to "try it out" and then continue on our search for a church to call home.  That was Feb 2005.  We went one weekend and our search was over.  When I look at my choices and priorities from the past, I know that I have changed, and it's for the better.  I still have things to work on.  Pastor Bob had everyone write down yesterday one word of what they need to work on, and to drop it in a bucket as you left. 

I wrote down my word, (which is b'w God and I) and seriously thought about it.  I want people to see Christ's love when they are with me.  I want my son to always be able to look at me the way he does now, with no doubt about my character.  Something bad must be put to death so something great can live.  We all are facing death, but what awaits us is better than what we have now. 

And that's what Easter is really about.  Christ dying for our sins, and something greater coming from it, all of us can be saved.

and here's just a cute video of a giggling baby.....

No comments:

Post a Comment