Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pirate Baby

Do you know what makes going to work easier?  I absolutely LOVE Primrose daycare.  It is amazing how much of a difference knowing your baby is in a great daycare that makes work bearable.  Don't get me wrong, I love my job also, but its hard to get up in the morning and drop Jacob off with other people rather than staying home and playing with him myself.

Except on the days he wakes up crabby.... Then i'm glad i have somewhere i can bring him so I don't have to deal with cranky baby...

I've talked with other mama's and there are some who aren't happy with where they are bringing their baby.  They are in the process of finding another spot, but they dread dropping them off, for other reasons beyond going to work. 

Primrose has it figured out.  The teachers are great.  Even though they are 7 other babies in the room, when i drop off or pick up Jacob, they make it seem like they only played with him all day.  They tell you cute things he did, they smile at him, talk to him, and he gets daily reports that have comments about what he enjoyed doing that day.  The teachers remember if you mention things that he did at home or over the weekend, and ask about it later.

He also gets Happy Grams that are a little note written if he's done something unexpected or to just let you know how things are going.  He's gotten a happy gram for sleeping longer at nap time, granted this was only a 5 min improvement, from 20 min to 25 min, but still more sleep!  He also got one when he "achieved" unsupported sitter status by sitting all by himself for over 15 minutes.  The other one he got was about being a flirt...yep, he is a flirt.  He grins and talks to all the mommy's when they come to get their baby.  Him and Parker are known as the classroom flirts.  But Jacob has cried when Parker flirts with me.  I think he's jealous when I talk to Parker.  :)

Recently, he got a note on trying to pull off Blake's socks all day.  Obviously, his own feet are old news, so he wants to check out other babies feet.  When I picked him up yesterday, he was doing this to Eloise.  We have parent teacher conferences next Monday.  I don't quite know what they discuss, but I'm excited.  Anyone who wants to talk with me about Jacob, I'm all ears! 

I've gotten several pieces of artwork that Jacob has done.  He's painted a star, has made a tulip with his feet, and has made a butterfly with his feet and hands.  I would highly recommend Primrose to anyone in the area who has kids.  It makes going to work SOO much easier.

The other day when I picked him up, here is what he looked like:
Pirate baby!!!

I love it!  But if you know me, i LOVE putting cute hats on him.  When I pick him up, most days his little arms and legs just flap away.  If he was moving, he could get across the room in 1.2 seconds flat as quick as those chubby little arms and legs go. 

1 comment:

  1. i smiled like a silly as i read this - i can picture his wings & kickers just-a-goin' when he spies you at pick-up time. and Jacob is a flirt? with a grin like that, how could he not be?! look out, mama: you're gonna hafta swat the girls away sooner than you think!

    ReplyDelete