Sunday, April 15, 2012

"they" say....

They say baby should not:
co sleep
Have a nuk
Nurse to sleep
Be rocked to sleep
Eat solids before 6 months
Nurse when they please

They also Say baby should:
Sleep thru night by x months
Cry it out if not sleeping on own
Sleep in crib
Self soothe

Then there are the other they's. These they's say baby should not:
Sleep on own
Cry it out
Be on a parent led schedule

They say baby should do all the things the other they's say don't do...

Lately I wonder who they really are. They don't live with me. They don't know my baby. They don't pay my bills. They just give conflicting advice that makes you want to scream and rip your hair out. Or wish you could rip their hair out.

I've decided to read and research but not to get hung up on one way. Instead I want to find the way that works best for us. Co sleeping is starting to get hard. Not because we don't like it, but because Jacob only sleeps about a 2 hour stretch at a time and wakes up a lot. Since he's right there, I soothe him. This is not helping any of us. Now that it's becoming more of an issue for us, I'm ready to change it, but not because they say I should.

The thing I will really miss about cosleeping? Waking up and seeing mike and Jacob snuggled and in the same position during the night and waking up in the morning to a happy smiley by looking at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment