Sunday, September 2, 2012

Blogs Worth Reading

Ok, I know I just did a blog, but i had to share two things with all of you, or the two that I know follow....
Sometimes, it feels like I type this long thing, and POOF!  off it goes into the world, and know one notices.
(If a tree falls, in the forest, do we hear it, do we care? RE-cycle, RE-cycle, recyle now, there's nothing to it if you just now how...4th (?) grade concert at school...)

Anyways, there were two great blog posts I had read this week, on both spectrums.  One is serious, and I emailed to a lot of my friends, just becuase I felt it had lifted my spirits, and wanted to pass it on to others, and the other one will be humorous to any friends who have coslept with their baby, and if you have no kids, keep in mind for if you do cosleep (or dont, either way, no judging from me!!)

http://thehonesttoddler.com/big-bed/
I want to have a rational discussion about the big bed. I am a reasonable human being and don’t like to see anybody get their feelings hurt.
Daddy, this post is specifically for you as I can tell you are struggling with your place in this family during the night hours. The question looms every single evening: Who does mommy belong to?
It’s easy for me to point out the obvious fact that she and I are blood relatives while you two seem to have some sort of contractual relationship, but I want to acknowledge your emotional problems. Who wouldn’t want to snuggle with her? She’s soft and smells great.....

On a side note, Adam would disagree that his momma smells great.... Bahahaha smelly armpits!!

http://rachelmariemartin.blogspot.com/2012/08/dear-sweet-mom-who-feels-like-she-is.html

Dear Sweet mom who feels like she is failing,

You're not.

If you and I were sitting in Starbucks and you had your fave drink and I had my Caramel Macchiato I'd look at you, and I'd tell you the truth - you're not failing.

I know. I'm guessing, you'd wipe away the tears, and look up, and try to nod your head, but inside, inside well, you'd think that those are nice words but seriously she has no idea. You know why I know? Because I've sat in a coffee shop, across from a friend, a friend who looked me smack in the face and told me that I wasn't failing and that I was doing a great job....

No comments:

Post a Comment