Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wordy Wednesday

Random thoughts...

1.  I have been consumed with reading up on weaning.  I thought it was supposed to be "natural", "easy", "intuitive", "insert other big words here", but it's not.  It's confusing and complicated.  I'm sick of pumping, but don't want to run out of stashed milk before a year.  And I want to stop pumping at work at the end of October, and will continue to nurse in the morning and at night as long as Jacob wants, or until I get tired of it.  Honestly, if i was a SAHM, I would probably continue to nurse until he lost interest.  I love the extra snuggles and the health benefits of it.  For us it's a good fit.  Pumping though is a pain.

2.  We now pay more for daycare than we do our mortgage.  Ouch.  But, i LOVE LOVE LOVE his daycare, so it's worth every penny.

3.  It's hard to believe in a month and a half I will have a one year old.  My lil boy is getting so big.

4.  It sucks working two days in a row.  Technically, w/ Labor Day, surgery on Friday next week, which means the following week has Monday off also, I won't work a full 5 day week until the last week of September.  But it's only day 2, and I'm not liking this work everyday deal. 

5.  We have new tenants in our building at work. I am extremely jealous cuz they have a foosball table.  Really, I want to go work where i can play foosball and get paid for it.

6.  Before, Jacob refused to let us feed him, and loved to eat veggies.  For about the past week, he won't eat table food veggies for me, but will let me feed him the baby food veggies, and mix in the table food.  Fruit, turkey and black beans are by far the fav foods.

7.  Jacob LOVES to have us read to him.  The same 3 books, over, and over, and over.  I can now repeat these 3 books w/o looking at the pages.  But it is super cute when he gets a book and works SO hard to crawl over to you while carrying it.

8. For as much as he loves his Sesame Street At The Zoo book, he did not care when we actually took him to the zoo.  Maybe next year.

9.  I'm ready for fall and all things pumpkin.

10.  I'm already going through Netflix withdrawals being back at work.  Got hooked to way to many shows and Pinterest. 

11.  Took a trip to the apple orchard, sad it didn't work out to go with the Wildts, but nap time got in the way. 


1 comment:

  1. 1. :(
    2. eek, and so happy for you guys for finding a dc you loveLOVElove
    3. unbelievable, isn't it?!
    4. i miss you already, so i don't like you bing ft either.
    5. lol
    6. *sigh* Jacob Michael, you listen to your Mama!
    7. was driving home Mon. around bedtime and A said "uh oh, duck" (translation: Mother Dearest, i wish i had my bedtime story titled Little Blue Truck. it's my bedtime and i want a story read to me. i really like the part where the dump truck gets stuck and i love to scream "uh oh, duck!" over and over when the truck is stuck.) i recited the whole thing to him, word for word. what's better than your li'l buddy bringing a book to you and settling in on your lap?? :D
    8. A doesn't care about zoos yet, either. next year is right!
    9. amen to that!
    10. i'd suffer too
    11. i wanna go! i mean WE wanna go!

    ReplyDelete