Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Organizing my life



I've realized to keep my sanity, (or to sate the control freak in me) I need to organize things in my life.  The "routine" i thought i had is over.  Before it was part time work, and being home.  Now, i'm back to work FT and still trying to be the mom I think I should be, maintain a household, be a wife, be a friend, somewhere find time to be "me".  

Rules and Meals
One of the first things I did was make a board to list meals weekly.  THis way, I'm not stressed about what to have for dinner, i have an easy list for groceries, and to cut grocery bills

The calendar not only has meals, but to write on here what's going on for the week.  I bought the pic frams at Target, bought some cute paper from Joanns, and use dry erase markers to change it.  To help with this, i also bought a weekly meal plan.  The plan has dinner for 7 days plus the grocery list.  So far, we've had a few different items, and have liked most.  SOon, i will do a post with some recipes and a sample plan of what we have.

THe other board is house rules.  Most of these are biblically based, and a lot are from the sermon I talked about last week.  They are a daily, visible reminder of what values we want to raise our family with.  There are also some more general ones.  Rules:  Be kind, be patient, give hugs & kisses, share your toys, your day, your love, remember we will always love you, speak the truth in love, and listen & encourage.  I was specific in how i worded the rules.  I wanted them to be positive, not negative, ie, no yelling, no this, no that.

So far, in the 2 wks we have used it, it's been helpful to have the meals.  We will see how long i stay on top of it....

Jacob pre surgery, playing wiht a car
Jacob's surgery is over!! yea!! he did well, and we were there for just over 24 hours, home by 10 on Saturday!  He's recovered well, been crabby a few days, but overall good.
Beating feet across theyard, didnt like the feel of the dead grass

Look Mommy!!!  I'm HELPING!! :)

Part of the deal with me going back FT, is Mike picks up cooking at least one night a week and he takes care of the dishes.  Jacob didn't want to be a slacker, so he helps with the unrolling of the tp.  Good thing, it was very stressful taking the time to pull the tp off ourselves....

No comments:

Post a Comment